Safety First!

Late morning Monday, 14 May, a club member walked into the clubhouse to the strong smell of propane.  Fortunately, that member knew not to turn on any lights!  Upon investigation, it was found that a knob on one of the ranges was turned on but not ignited.  The situation was corrected and the clubhouse opened up to ventilate.

Just as we ask people to turn off lights, lock all doors, put the thermostat back on schedule, and generally secure the clubhouse when leaving, it is equally important to double check the ranges.  Even if you haven't used the kitchen to cook, it is relatively easy to accidentally turn a burner knob to allow gas to flow without ignition simply by leaning against the range while socializing or perhaps by wiping down the range during clean-up.  To my knowledge, it is the first time this has happened, but it is necessary to ensure it does not happen again.

Thanks for your consideration.

R/C Russell Marcks